Job Role: VNA Driver
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
We are looking for experienced VNA Drivers with the right work ethic to join our Corby Branch! As a VNA driver you will report into a Warehouse Team Leader and Supervisor dependent on the shift. You will be required to engage with your team and ensure all daily activities are successfully completed whilst maintaining all company policies and procedures.
Start date 1st June:
Work 5 out of 7 days
AM Shift 06:00am – 14:00pm
From the 1st September the shift will change to the following:
Friendly shift Pattern – 2on/2off/3on/2off/2on/3off
Shifts will either be 12 or 10.5 hours long (This will be confirmed before the 1st September)
Friendly Shift Pattern (2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off, and repeat) A very friendly work/life balance with having every other weekend you have a 3 day weekend. So you work every other weekend but on the weekends you have off there are like bank holiday weekends. On a period of 2 weeks, they work 7 days and they are off 7 days.
Our Ideal Person:
- Previously Warehouse experience
- Previous experience and licence for a VNA Forklift
- Good basic literacy, numeracy and verbal communication skills.
- Good basic health and safety knowledge.
- Ability to adapt to new processes and procedures.
- Quick learner with good communication skills.
- Flexible to be able to work extra hours when required.
In this role, you will:
- Unload & load vehicles into the warehouse facility either by hand or using MHE.
- Operate all MHE including Forklift trucks, attachments and man up safety cages, safely and according to the user manual.
- Complete document & record pre use truck checks at the start of every shift.
- Use & follow the “stop block process”.
- Break down shipments and put away in the correct areas, as well as picking and packing consignments ready to ship,
- Label and scan all freight in and out of the warehouse,
- Respect all company agreed processes and procedures and in a safe and efficient manner according to all safe working instruction.
- Respect all national and company health and safety regulations.
- Clean and tidy warehouse facilities and yard area or as per Team Leader, Supervisor or Manager’s instruction.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package,
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress (fully funded training) and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Generous & flexible holiday benefits.
- Support with health and well-being.
- Free tea/coffee on site as well as vending machines and canteen facility.
- Contributory company pension scheme.