Job Role: VNA Driver
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
We are looking for both experienced VNA Drivers and are open to those who do not have experience as a VNA Driver. Those without experience will receive full training, however we require candidates to have the right work ethic and be passionate about training to become a full VNA Driver. We will also consider candidates with an expired licence, OR those with a counterbalance/reach/PPT.
We are also offering a £1000 one off bonus when you successfully complete 12 months of service with us!
AM Shift 6am – 6pm. Day shift pay per hour: £10.41
PM Shift 6pm – 6am. Night shift pay per hour: £11.50
Friendly Shift Pattern (2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off, and repeat) A very friendly work/life balance with having every other weekend you have a 3 day weekend. So, you work every other weekend but on the weekends you have off there are like bank holiday weekends. On a period of 2 weeks, you will work 7 days and will be off for 7 days.
Our Ideal Person:
- Previously Warehouse experience or wanting a career as a VNA Driver, full training will be provided.
- Previous experience and licence for a Counterbalance, Reach or VNA Forklift (not essential)
- Comfortable working with 18 metre heights.
- Good basic literacy, numeracy and verbal communication skills.
- Good basic health and safety knowledge.
- Ability to adapt to new processes and procedures.
- Quick learner with good communication skills.
In this role, you will:
- Unload & load vehicles into the warehouse facility either by hand or using MHE.
- Operate all MHE including Forklift trucks, attachments and man up safety cages, safely and according to the user manual.
- Complete document & record pre use truck checks at the start of every shift.
- Use & follow the “stop block process”.
- Break down shipments and put away in the correct areas, as well as picking and packing consignments ready to ship,
- Label and scan all freight in and out of the warehouse,
- Respect all company agreed processes and procedures and in a safe and efficient manner according to all safe working instruction.
- Respect all national and company health and safety regulations.
- Clean and tidy warehouse facilities and yard area or as per Team Leader, Supervisor or Manager’s instruction.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package, including a one of bonus of £1000 after completing 12 months.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) – offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress (fully funded training) and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Generous & flexible holiday benefits.
- Support with health and well-being.
- Free tea/coffee on site as well as vending machines and canteen facility.
- Contributory company pension scheme.