Job Role: Warehouse Operative
Reports to: Warehouse Team Leader / Warehouse supervisor.
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
Your role within the team will be to carry out tasks as per instructions from warehouse team leader and supervisor/ or as per process agreed with team leaders and warehouse supervisors /Managers while respecting all company agreed processes and procedures and in a safe and efficient manner according to all safe working instruction.
This is where you come in:
You will be handling freight in and out the warehouse and yard area, either manually or by MHE, including forklift truck and man up cages, including also breaking down pallets, picking and packing of customers goods in a safe and efficient manner, respecting all national health and safety regulations, company processes and procedures, including all safe working instructions.
Our Ideal Person:
- Fork-Lift truck License (if required).
- Good basic literacy, numeracy and verbal communication skills.
- Good basic health and safety knowledge.
- Ability to adapt to new processes and procedures.
- Reliable and Punctual.
In this role, you will:
- Unload, load vehicles into warehouse facilities, and to and from other vehicles either manually by hand or by MHE.
- Breaking down shipments & putting away in correct areas.
- Picking and packing consignments ready for dispatch.
- Label and scan all freight in and out of the warehouse and yard facilities.
- Manually complete all loading, Picking and unloading manifests correctly, including all out turn reports/ documents.
- Document and scan all damaged freight on arrival and departure from warehouse and facility.
- perative all mechanical handling equipment, including forklift trucks, attachments and man up safety cages safely and according to user manual and in line with company’s safe working instructions.
- Complete, document and record pre use truck checks at start of shift.
- Respect all warehouse & site regulations.
- Sweep trailers and vehicles before loading.
- Sweep warehouse floor, bays and stairs when required and or asked to do so.
- Remove broken pallets, shrink wrap and debris from floor to ensure safety of operatives.
- Repair freight and broken pallets when required to do so.
- Report all damages in the warehouse to line manager.
- Complete / Scan bay checks as requested.
- Attend yearly appraisals to monitor performance and give training / goal setting as required.
- Report all accidents and near misses to your line manager.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Sick pay scheme
- Buying holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme