Job Role: Shift Manager/Supervisor
Reports to: Contract Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
Europa Worldwide Logistics is a leading logistics and distribution company with representation in six continents and operating in over 120 countries. Established in 1966, we deliver proactive and innovative logistic solutions.
As Shift Manager/Supervisor you will be required to manage a team of 30+. You will need to have previous experience within this role and a good knowledge of warehouse operations for e.g. A good understanding of the delivery of customer service levels in a multi-client operation, leading continuous improvement, cultural change, people engagement, and profit and loss.
This is where you come in:
You will need strong people leadership skills and be able to add value through an engaging management style. You will be required to participate in disciplinary and appraisal reviews and provide development plans for your team.
Driving a safe working culture is essential. Important you can implement and maintain the highest standards of H&S compliance. Upholding company H&S policies and procedures at all times.
Our Ideal Person:
- Previous experience as a warehouse Shift Manager/Supervisor or equivalent is required for this role.
- NVQ in Warehouse Management.
- Knowledge of the HMRC regulations regarding the processing of duty suspended products.
- IOSH managing safely qualification.
- Positivity at all times
- People leadership
- Cultural change
- Quick learner
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent PC literacy – MS Excel and MS Word
- Good numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Passion for delivering an exceptional level of customer service
- The ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines
- Team player with the initiative to work alone
In this role, you will:
The person we are seeking will be mainly responsible for:
- Passion for effectively leading your team to maximise efficiencies and profit whilst minimising damage and cost.
- Strong people leadership skills, leading and developing your team ensuring the correct. culture is embedded in order to maintain high customer service levels.
- Managing the agency labour requirements in line with customer forecasts and budgets.
- Monitor and review KPI and SLA targets of your team.
- To participate in probation and annual appraisal reviews.
- Manage integrity of perpetual inventory stock accuracy for your dept.
- Carry out disciplinary’s following HR regulations.
- Implement and maintain high standards of H&S and safety practices, including the monitoring of daily, weekly, monthly audits / checks.
- To lead a culture of engagement and participation in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Carry out accident and near miss investigations.
- To ensure all consumables are available at all times.
- To provide cover to the Contract Manager which is an excellent opportunity to step up and develop new management skills and work closely with the senior team.
- To support the maintenance of the site.
- To be flexible and adaptable in your approach to work.
- Needs to be hands-on with the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Have a great eye for detail.
- Being able to manage a team of 30+.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Sick pay scheme
- Buying holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme