Job Role: Warehouse Supervisor
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
We are currently recruiting for experienced Warehouse Supervisors to join our team at our brand-new, state of the art facilities based in Corby, on a full time permanent basis. We are looking to recruit Supervisors for the shift below:
Start date 1st June:
Fixed shift Monday – Friday
22:00 – 06:00
From the 1st September the shift will change to the following:
Friendly shift Pattern – 2on/2off/3on/2off/2on/3off
18:00 – 06:00
This is where you come in:
We are looking for someone with a background in 3rd party logistics, supervising a warehouse team, who can support the management team in keeping all operations running efficiently and smoothly
Our Ideal Person:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a supervisory/management role within a warehouse or logistics environment
- Experience in inventory control and stock management.
- Able to effectively manage a team.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to prioritize workload
- Quick learner
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
In this role you will:
- Effectively manage a team to maximise productivity whilst minimising damage and waste
- Ensure employee compliance to the site’s policies and procedures and be able to manage attendance in accordance to the company policies up to stage 2 disciplinary
- Accurate OPS reporting and management of WMS
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly audits are completed accurately and on time and ensure that all Accident and Near miss reporting is completed within scope and accurately.
- Prioritisation of workload to successfully meet deadlines within the operation
- To supervise the successful receipt of all bonded and non-bonded products in line with the company SOPs
- To ensure that all products are recorded and stored accurately in the designated areas
- Ability to thoroughly investigate operational issues
- To be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work
- To have a clear understanding of the company’s policies, values, vision and how the warehouse contribute to these
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety standards
- To ensure all work areas are kept clean and tidy (internally and externally)
- To liaise with other Warehouse Supervisors/Team Leaders to effectively manage workload and resources.
- Be able to effectively communicate to relevant Key Stakeholders
- To participate in the recruitment of all temporary and permanent staff
- To participate in probation and annual appraisal reviews
- To mentor and develop your team with Personal Development Plans
- Ensuring the successful induction and training of temporary and permanent staff
- Have an understanding of ISO Standards and the relevant HMRC Guidelines
- In depth knowledge of Warehouse Operations
- Deputise for the Shift Manager in their absence and take on relevant responsibilities, including reporting, meetings but not limited to these.
- Participate in Daily, Weekly, Monthly meetings
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package, including a joining bonus upon completion of probation period.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Free tea/coffee on site as well as vending machines and canteen facility.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Sick pay scheme
- Buying holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme