Job Role: Warehouse Team Manager
Reports to: Contract Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is a leading independent logistics firm, employs over 1000 staff and was recently featured in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 for the second time.
Europa Worldwide Group is a fast-growing privately-owned freight forwarder which is structured into six Divisions – Europa Road, Europa Air & Sea, Europa Warehouse, Europa Show Freight, Europa Contact Centre and Continental Cargo Carriers.
Europa Road operates the UK’s largest European groupage hub which is situated in Dartford. Its network of 13 UK branches trunk into Dartford from where freight connects with daily, direct services to 30 continental hubs.
You will need to have previous experience of managing a tea, and a good knowledge of warehouse operations e.g. A good understanding of delivery of customer service levels in a multi-client operation, leading continuous improvement, cultural change, people engagement and profit and loss.
You will need strong people leadership skills and be able to add value through an engaging management style. You will be required to participate in disciplinary and appraisal reviews and provide development plans for your team.
This is where you come in:
We are looking for an experienced Team Manager to come in and lead a team at our Minworth Branch. You will be responsible for leading and developing your team using our company values.
Our Ideal Person:
- Utmost professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to lead and motivate, coach, train and develop a team through active management
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiasm, self-confidence and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to use initiative ad be pro-active
- Results focused
- Open to sharing new ideas
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and drive to continually improve
- Strong degree of flexibility within a multi targeted environment
- Team player
- Good Computer Literacy (Good IT skills mainly (Excel, Word & Outlook e-mails.)
In this role, you will:
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods
- Ensure that all members of warehouse staff are following stock control processes to ensure correct stock reconciliation
- Planning future capacity requirements
- Organising training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Briefing area team leaders on daily objectives
- Ensure that administrative tasks are completed on time
- Be the point of contact for the warehouse to ensure correct method of communication
- Ensure that MHE equipment and other H&S daily checks are performed
- Maintaining standards of Health and Safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
- Ensuring a clean and safe warehouse at all times
- Adhere to Health and Safety at all times
- Any other duties as and when required
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Sick pay scheme
- Buying holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme